Sunday, August 15, 2010

Welcome to the Garage!

Men,

I have wanted to take the time to sit down and do this for quite a while now. There is always 10,000 things that are yet to be done, and I keep putting off the things that I want to do for that rainy day. And since I think that we have had 0.02" inches of rain this year, at least it feels that way, I figure it is best to get started.

I choose the title Dad's Homeschooling Garage, because I think most men like their garage if they have one, or want one if they don't. Right now I don't, but I used to. I found that it was a relaxing place, when it was clean and semi organized. It is where I always wanted to have an old couch and sit with a friend and talk about stuff. Some dad's are great at sports and pass that along to the kids, I'm not, I was that sick kid with Asthma back in the day when in school. Some dad's are great at fixing up old cars or motorcycles, I'm not, I just wanted to drive the General Lee, not fix it up! But I love my kids with all my heart, and I would do anything for them!

I am not wanting to do this to give advice, but rather to seek advice. It is no secret in my household that my wife does 110% of the homeschooling activities, and manages 99% of the household things that need to be done. Please don't consider me to be the lazy type, I'm not, but I am resolving to step up and take more of the load off of her in ALL the departments that she works in here.

2009 was the toughest year of our marriage. The loss of my job with two weeks notice, just one month before losing my father who had been getting progressively worse since falling on Jan 1 of 2009, and there are other things.

We are Christians, have been trying to find a home church here for a while, where we feel that we all "fit". If you have ever moved 9 hours from your comfort zone, then you know how hard it is! We visited one today that we have a  good feeling about, we are praying about it.

Well that's my first entry. Must get some sleep before going to work tomorrow! May God Bless Homeschooling Dad's the world over! I'll meet you back in the Garage soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment